Our Marriage!!


FAMILYTICKER.COM Ticker

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Back in St. George, Yippy!!

We got home at 2:15p.m. on Wednesday December31. We got up early that morning and finished packing our cars, I mean they were full to the brim, and off we traveled, till we got home. It's so much warmer and we absolutely love it. Dolly knew where we were when we got off the freeway, she was so excited, I had a hard time holding her down till we pulled in the drive way.She loves her freedom, and loves to bark at her friends next door. After we got unpacked and got everything put away, it was about 8:00, we watched a movie,(we don't have regular t.v. yet,we won't till April) then we went to bed. At midnight when the fireworks were going off, we rolled over gave each other a kiss,we said happy new year,rolled over and went back to sleep. On Thursday we got our yard work done,mowed and racked leaves, hung up all our chimes again brought out our lawn furniture,and all our fun decorations,so now things are back to the way they were before we left.
On Friday Jeff helped out the Telfords(super neighbors) at thier old house and thier new one,and they paid him, so that helped us. On Monday we go job hunting. When we checked our mail ,we found we had Christmas cards here, and we were reading them, when I came across one from my good friend Margaret Nielson. I worked with her at Research Medical for nine years, she was my lunch buddy ,we both worked in Q.A., she's an awesome person. She wrote that this was a strange Christmas, she just found out she has stomach and liver cancer, and that she is in the late stages of it, she doesn't have long to live. I was so sad, I called her and talked to her, she said she was good with dieing, she had everything all arranged and that she was all organized for once in her life. I told her I loved her,and that she was one of my most favorite people in th world, and that I would miss her. She's only 72, and that seems younger to me, the older I get.But she is the best and she will be so missed. She has about 3 weeks left, hospice and her children are taking care of her.
Last night we watched "The Dark Knight" Shane and Anngee gave Jeff for Christmas, it kept us entertained till bedtime. Today we bathed and clipped Dolly,she looks so much better. It's been fun being able to see Dad and Dockie. On Sunday we get to go with them to Cedar City for Becky's baby's blessing, it will be good to get to be with the Jackson family again, they are so much fun, we are looking forward to it.
Gosh I've rambled on far to much. We miss our Children and grandchildren,especially Shane and Anngee, Brax and Boo. We call them daily and talk to them, we really have enjoyed them and miss not getting to see them every day. Take care, we love you guys!

4 comments:

Annette said...

hey, did you hook up your computer or are you using dads? It is good to know that you are back home. I am sure you are loving it.

Jackson Family said...

I'm glad your enjoying that wonderful weather. It isn't wonderful here. We look forward to seeing you on Sunday too. Drive carefully!! love ya

Anngee and Shane said...

Hey! You were able blog! It makes me so sad to hear about Margaret. She is such a wonderful lady and the world will be a little less bright without her in it. I'm sure she was glad to hear from you and I hope that maybe I could at least get to a viewing for her when that time comes to pay my respects. Glad all is going well at home and I hope the job search goes well also. I miss having someone to talk to whenever and just like it did at first it's taking a little adjusting to not yell Dawnita! or We'll be back! We wish you the best.

terrylesblog said...

Good luck to you both on the job search. I liked the 2 days we spent in St. George. It has snowed here again today and I shoveled the walk and it has snowed again. I am waiting this time. it got to seven below this morning. I took Lorilee to her Doctor's appointment today so she didn't have to walk in the cold and snow.