Our Marriage!!


FAMILYTICKER.COM Ticker

Monday, July 19, 2010

37 Wonderful Years

So this last weekend we celebrated our 37 wedding anniversary. It gets you thinking of all that has happened in those years. In our first 7 years we moved 9 times.When we moved to Midvale we stayed in the same house for 21 years. We moved to St.George June 1 2001, then in Jan. 2002 we moved where we are right now. It's the first house we ever bought, we were both in our 50's crazy huh!
We've had 7 children and 2 miscarriage's in the first 9 years. Now we have 5 of the 7 married ,we have 1 daughter-in-law, and 4 sons-in-law, plus 16 of the most beautiful grandchildren ever!!!! We are sooooo blessed we love you all so much.
We've had a countless number of pets of every kind...when we left Midvale we said that if anybody dug up that yard,they would think it was a pet cemetary. I'm still a person who absolutely loves our pets, Jeff loves them too, even though he says he doesn't ,he has spoiled our dog Dolly beyond belief!
Jeff is the best husband ever...he has had to put up with me for all these years,and still a day doesn't pass that he doesn't tell me he loves me, he still opens the car door for me, he has always been a hands on dad....he has changed so many diapers in our baby day's . He's always been a good provider,even though we had a few rough spots when he couldn't find work, but we got through them. He has always honored his Priesthood and been able to give blessings when they were needed. He is just the best husband ever, I love him dearly..more with each passing day.
We've enjoyed many family camping outings when our kids were home, we don't go that often anymore and we both miss that. We are retired and money is tight ..but we still have each other,and that's what keeps us both going. We have become fans of jigsaw puzzels and watching some of those addictive t.v. programs ...like Bones, and all the csi's and Dancing with the stars. Jeff still reads ALOT, and I do facebook. All in all we are happy,and we look forward to our "golden" years together.

2 comments:

Rochelle Brunson said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad the 37 years have been awesome! You should have a big party at 40!

Anngee and Shane said...

We were so consumed with getting home on Sunday that when I spoke with you I totally forgot to tell you guys I hoped you had a good anniversary! Thank you again for all you did. And tell Jeff I hope he is enjoying my curd for me:)LOL!