Our Marriage!!


FAMILYTICKER.COM Ticker

Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Memories

It's almost Christmas, I love this time of year! It's not the same as it was years ago when we had those mornings when we would wale up at 5 or 6 a.m. and watch our children open their gifts. There's nothing like it in the world and I so much miss those times. I miss the fun Christmas eve's we would have when the kids would open their p.j.'s and Santa would come visit them, and tell them to make sure they went to bed and go to sleep,so he could come back.
Now it's our kid's turn to do all that fun stuff. One thing I don't miss is the wrapping of all the gifts, when there is 7 children with gifts, that's alot of wrapping. I also loved taking the kids shopping to buy gifts for their brother's and sister's, the way they would pick names out of a bowl and then we would have to figure out how to seperate them when we would shop,so that they wouldn't see what they were getting each other. I remember going to Jobber's Odd Lot and be in that super crowded place and try and get to the checkers buy the gifts and get out alive, it was crazy but so much fun! So to all of you out there that are stressing and worrying about how it's ever going to come together....this is the best times of your lives and it will be fun and you'll make memories that will last a lifetime. Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!

2 comments:

Anngee and Shane said...

Thank you for this! I only have two and I am soooo stressing out. We couldn't do anything until Shane got paid yesterday and I am so stinking sick that I am just hoping to get out there by Monday. I also freaking loved Jobbers Odd lots.

kimi said...

we just drew names last night and are doing the shopping today! I loved waking up and having dad lay under the tree and him yell a name and then chuck a presentat us. you and dad trying to be the last one to get a gift for eachother. I so miss that!