Our Marriage!!


FAMILYTICKER.COM Ticker

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Some memories of mother.

Today is mothers birthday,she would have been 79.So I thought I would write some of the memories I have of her. I remember how I loved to watch her get ready for church when I was a little girl. I would watch her put on her makeup,I thought she looked so pretty when she would put on her lipstick. She would comb her hair,and make pretty waves in the front. I loved to sit next to her at church, I would listen to her sing, she sang good.
She had sooo many talents, it's quite amazing all the things she could do. She used to sew all our clothes. As school was getting ready to start, she would go to sewing, and made all our dresses. Crocheting, knitting,quilting, she could do it all. Painting pictures,any kind of craft,she was good at them all.Musically she could play the piano, guitar, acordian, and some instraments I don't recall the names of. Drawing, writing,doing hair. She could do anything she put her mind to.
She used to draw us paper dolls, and draw the clothes to put on them. Do little girls even play with paper dolls any more? She made barbie doll clothes for our barbies. She loved to play card games, she was so competitive, she would show no mercy, she played to win,her and Terry would play them alot. She watched Lawrence Welk, and loved Norma Zimmer on his show. She watch the soap As the World Turns. When she couldn't sleep at night,she would listen to those talk shows on the radio.She loved to go camping.
I remember Sat. nights all us girls would take our bath's, then she would sit us down in front of her,and curl our hair in those sponge rollers, and then we would get a pair of our undies and put them on our heads over the rollers to help the curlers stay in our hair when we went to bed. All this so we could have pretty hair for church. Mother would do canning, alot of canning, she would do bussels of peaches, or tomato's or what ever was in season. When it would come to baking pies, she would do 16 to 20 pies at a time and freeze them.
There was this one time when I was a senior in high school, and me and mother were driving somewhere, and the car we were in died on 39th south and highland drive.She got out of the car, took off her high heel opened the hood of the car,and banges something in there. she came back to the car and it started, she went back shut the hood of the car, got back in, and away we went. If it would have been me, I don't think I would have been as cool about it as she was. When I was in beauty college, she let me bleach her hair blonde, and let me use her as my model, and I did some strange hairdos on her, she was such a good sport.
I know I was her #1 problem child, and I'm sure I caused her more grief then any of her other children. I love her so much, and miss her daily. I dream about her alot, and I wish I had been a better daughter to her. All that being said...Happy Birthday Mother!

8 comments:

Dawny said...

I wrote this post at 12:03 in the morning, on the 23 of Feb. My computer is an hour off, so when I wrote this, it really was mother's B-day.

Angela said...

I always have dreams about grandma - like she is right there talking to me. It usually happens when I am worried or stressed and I wake up feeling like all will be okay. Good post - I miss crocheting with her.

Kimi said...

I loved it mom, so many graet memories!! I miss her very much too. I think about her so often, mostly when I am thinking of you. You are so much like your mom now days it's scary!! I know she is looking down on you and she is so proud of you, and everything you have done!

Leslie said...

Thanks for posting all those wonderful things about your mother. I did not know any of them. After reading your post I can tell that she was a great mother and a wonderful person!

Rochelle Brunson said...

Good memories mom, that's funny that you were your mom's problem child, and I'm yours. I guess we know where I get it from!

Anngee and Shane said...

That was a very beautiful post to your Mom! I wish that I had had the chance to get to know her better, although the time I knew with her she was great. Isn't it amazing with all the technology we have now it still seems like there isn't enough hours in the day? And yet look at all the things your Mom did back then, she was amazing.

Moormann Clan said...

Thanks for sharing those! It was fun to learn new things about Grandma. Now I know where my mom got her craftiness and ambition from! :)

Jackson Family said...

O.K. Now that I am balling like a baby I am going to go and do the same thing on my blog. Thank you!!!! I love ya, Leana